Located in the vicinity of the amazing Bandhavgarh National Park is the first of the Taj Safaris Lodges. The name Mahua Kothi draws inspiration from one of India’s most beautiful trees, the Madhuca Indica, or as it is commonly known, the Mahua or butter tree. The lodge sprawls over the 40 acre grounds, around the renowned erstwhile tented camp, Churhat Kothi, the accommodation and facilities of the lodge blend charmingly into the quaint and rustic surroundings.
Mahua Kothi Guest Area :
• Mahua Kothi rooms are having high ceilings, terracotta floor tiles, overhead fans, fireplace, and traditional sit areas and window seats.
• An enormous 600 sq ft veranda runs the length of the building with generous built-in seats for star gazing.• Huge windows to catch the jungle breeze
• Open kitchen that welcomes guest upon arrival - watch butter being churned, Masala being grounded by hand, garden fresh vegetables being chopped using traditional sickles, and Rotis being prepared on a Chulha
• Browse peacefully in the lodge's Safari Shop, idle away the hours in the library, or beat the midday heat in the swimming pool
• Guests arriving early or departing late can freshen up in the Goings & Comings room
• Beaten Bastar metal and hand-blown glassware.
How to get there and Address:
Mahua Kothi is conveniently situated near major airports: Khajuraho (250 km) and Jabalpur (190 km), as well as Kanha tiger reserve (260 km).
|HOME | ABOUT US | TOURS | RESORTS | TAXI | REVIEWS | RESERVATION| CONTACT US|